Taking into account the volume of replacement windows Houston homeowners purchase every year, you tend to wonder if there’s something fishy with the units themselves.
- Why replace windows often?
- What causes them to wear out early?
- When is the best time to consider replacing your windows?
- Are there quality issues consumers like you should know?
- How come manufacturer warranties aren’t helping to keep the volume in check?
Pathway to Efficiency
Different manufacturers can give you various answers to these questions. However, we strongly suspect that these issues boil down to efficiency. Are your windows serving their full purpose?
To avoid disappointment and untimely window replacement expenses:
- Consult with your contractor whether you need a complete replacement or a window retrofitting job. Units with defective locks and broken glass can still be salvaged.
- Stick to replacement units that meet Energy Star efficiency standards or passed National Fenestration Rating Council certification requirements.
- Explore your options. Consider products that are suited to your climate and location. Once you’ve made your short list, rank your options according to energy rating.
- Pick a choice. Use your short list of energy-efficient options and then factor in your preferences. Desired style, size, and working budget belong to this department.
- Make sure that the windows are properly installed. Don’t risk DIY home improvement. For best results, hire a professional.
Do you need some help following the five-point path?
Our crew of licensed, bonded, and fully insured professionals is ready to assist you. To find out how or to simply request a no-charge, no-obligations cost assessment, give us a call today. The number to dial is (281) 358-2553.
Additionally, if you have a question on replacement windows Houston service that you would like us to discuss in our future blog entries, just leave a comment.