To Our Neighbors in the Houston Area...
As residents in the Houston area ourselves, we know how hard everyone has been hit by Hurricane Harvey. Our commitment is to helping you to restore the comfort, security and value of your home, as quickly as possible.
We know that living through a storm or flood that impacts your personal residence, is an emotional roller coaster that is overwhelming - and that there are many steps to getting back to any type of normalcy.
Besides trying to handle all of it yourself (which we do not recommend) we’ve created this page (with FAQs below) to help you better understand your 2 most common choices...
Please call us to discuss your home restoration with us.
Susan and Travis Jenkins
All Tex Home Improvement Services
Fast, Cheap & Poor Quality
Hire a "storm-chaser" (someone that moves from town to town following the storm damages).
They tend to tell you everything that you want to hear so that you feel good instantly. They can start right away. They seem to be able to get done what others can’t (initially). No out of pocket expense for you (initially).
Their focus is short term. Which lacks your best interest.
- they can not produce a quality finish in your home. This normally means that Lack of attention to details. They tend to lack focus getting on the best outcome of your coverage (e.g getting the insurance Company to pay out properly so that the “like and kind products” are being used). Replacement work must meet required construction standards. Poor workmanship will devalue your home.
- not able to handle any warranty issues. Since they are not local they are Many of the promises made upfront are not kept.
NOTE: Its important to know that traditional construction companies that do not have extensive experience with flood and storm recovery do not understand the full recovery process. This means that they tend to get similar results as the "storm-chasers".
Slower, Quality, & Full Recovery
Hire an Experienced Local Company that has Refined a System for Flood & Storm Repair Recovery on Residential Properties
- We are A+++ rated with the BBB. We have a proprietary system (loss program) that allows us to recover the full extent of your losses. We are able to do this because of our comprehensive damage loss computer program reports. We use this tool combined with our reps experience in dealing with the insurance adjustors to go to bat for you while expediting your claim.
- We know (that's how they make money). We also understand how to create a “loss report” based on facts and numbers that circumvents the adjustor efforts to short you. Most contractors are not able to build a loss report that supports their case for a comprehensive payout to the homeowner. We are focused on your long term happiness. This means that we go the extra mile with adjusters. Which is key! It is the adjusters job to release as little of the insurance company's money as possible to repair your home. Our reps are more experienced in construction than virtually every adjustor we’ve ever met. This is critical for your case. The adjustor will push back much less when they’re dealing with an experienced construction expert that has a proven system for loss calculations.
- 100% recovery on your home from this event is MUCH higher with us. The odds of you getting a The value of your home is maintained and or increased once our work has been completed.
- We're able to stand behind our warranties long-term. This eliminates the liability to you (the homeowner). We are a local company 27+ years of experience.
We tend to take longer (from start to finish) due to the level of detail and communications needed with the adjustors and their superiors. The insurance companies rely on the fact that you are anxious to get back to normal. This means that they drag their feet. We stick with them and follow up on a regular basis. They do not like that. This is a critical part of 100% recovery for your home. We have limited resources so we will have to very selective about who we provide our flood and storm recovery services to. We are a value based company that focuses on quality and life term relationships.
- set real expectations instead of making promises that can not be kept. We may not be able to tell you everything that you want to hear. We’d rather
Frequently Asked Questions