Congratulations on finding your roofing Houston contractor! But before you truly enjoy this moment, you should worry about one more thing: your contract.
Having home improvement projects is one of the most stressful but rewarding things you can do with and for your family. There are many factors that come into play with roofing repairs or installation. You need to be sure that you are 100% protected from any risks or problems that may arise during the project.
A written contract is mandatory for roofing Houston services. Never transact with roofers who do not offer any written, detailed contracts.
Now that you know that, you might be wondering what exactly it is that should be indicated in your contract or agreement with your contractor. Well, here is a list.
- Detailed contractor’s warranty about the finished job, the length of warranty and how problems or complaints will be handled
- Brand name and description of the materials to be used
- Acknowledgement that they will be using the manufacturer’s recommended method of installation
- Identification of who’s responsible for filing permits
- Proposed and estimated time of work completion
- Identification of the roof’s weather protection system
- Detailed breakdown of the total price of construction
You should also talk about how future and unexpected expenses would be handled. Put all of those in the written contract too.
The key is to make sure that all the promises of your contractors are put into a written documentation with signatures from both parties. This way, if something bad happens, you will both be protected.
By having a contract, you will know exactly what it is that your contractor should be doing and whether everything is going in accordance to the plan. Make sure that you read the contract and that you understand everything that you and the roofing Houston contractor agree to.