The saying “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” sadly does not hold true for siding Houston TX jobs.
Originally, siding materials were invented to improve the exterior appearance of residences. However, experience has taught homeowners and contractors alike that poor siding choices can downgrade your property’s aesthetic value in many ways.
Road to Steady Decline
- Going for something that doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket could literally burn a hole in your siding.
As opposed to fiber cement, the ubiquitous vinyl won’t hold up well to high temperatures and sudden temperature changes. If vinyl won’t melt, it will most likely become brittle.
- Opting for thin siding materials because they are quick and easy to install may not always be the best decision.
Very few thin siding materials are well equipped to withstand the impact of strong winds and mechanical damage. Cracks and deformities won’t look good at all.
- It has been said that it’s easier to repaint siding materials than replace your roof. Be aware that not all types of siding materials allow for easy coating changes.
Paint adheres only to certain kinds of material such as wood and fiber cement. Moreover, paint can blister and peel prematurely if the siding you chose absorbs too much moisture.
Things You Can Do
- Leave a comment. Have you ever been burned by a bad decision? What specific criteria do you often look for in a good siding? Feel free to share your thoughts by leaving a comment.
- Call us for a no-obligation quote. For job-specific siding inquiries, get in touch with us at (281) 358-2553. Our lines are open Monday through Fridays, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Read related articles. Don’t forget to check out our blog series on siding Houston TX homes to find out how weather performance is gauged and how termites can destroy your dream siding project.