Whether you like it or not, the weather will slowly eat away the useable life of your siding. Contractors siding Houston TX residential dwelling units cannot completely stop the process, they can only stall it.
It’s therefore essential to use only the best performing material for your home. This is where Hardiplank siding comes in.
Weather Resistance is Not a One-Size-Fits-All Formula
James Hardie’s specifically engineered Hardiplank siding can withstand the weather conditions of different climates. This siding material comes in two variants: the HardieZones (HZ) 5 and 10.
- Designed for regions where snow, rainfall, and cold are the norm, the HZ 5 variant absorbs less moisture. It also has angled drip edges and a fortified surface to prevent water from seeping through.
- ForTexasand other areas where heat, fire, hurricane, winds, and termites are more common, an HZ 10 siding is more appropriate. The variant combines fire-retardant properties with UV resistance, wind resistance, and termite control.
Ask Specific Questions on Weather Performance
There’s no such thing as an all-around weather-proof material, but there’s bound to be one type of siding that’s most appropriate for your area and climate. Here are some questions to raise:
- How well can the siding withstand hail damage and wind damage? Siding should not only improve aesthetics but also provide ample protection from the forces of nature.
- What features does the siding have to resist temperature extremes? Shifting between temperatures makes many siding materials a prime candidate for cracking and deformities.
- For what humidity level is the siding most suitable? Too much moisture absorption can trigger rotting. Too little absorption can make your siding a candidate for fires.
For detailed information on weather performance and your siding Houston TX options, don’t hesitate to contact All-Tex Home Improvement Services. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff can be reached at (281) 358-2553 for a no-obligations quote or consultation.