Below are the top 5 benefits you can expect to reap from replacing the siding you your home.
- Curb Appeal: Depending on the siding material, you will have an array of choices to update, improve, or even change the look of your home. Upgrading from vinyl siding to fiber cement siding, for example, opens up your possibilities. James Hardie Building Products, Inc. offers a wide variety of fiber-cement sidings, from boards that resemble wood to panels that look like stucco.
- Maintenance: Re-siding decreases or even eliminates maintenance of your siding. With vinyl, regular cleaning and washing is necessary to keep the vinyl siding looking crisp. With wood siding, you will still need to re-paint every few years. Fiber cement siding, on the other hand, can be virtually maintence-free for decades.
- Resale Value: Re-siding can be a good investment. According to the 2009 “Cost vs. Value Report”, conducted by Remodeling magazine, re-siding with fiber cement siding, for example, has the highest return-on-investment (ROI) for remodeling projects costing more than $1,200. In fact, fiber cement siding has had the highest ROI for each of the past five years.
- Energy Savings: New siding materials, methods and technologies can substantially lower your utility bills. For example, installing insulation under the new siding can dramatically decrease your heating and cooling costs and make your home more comfortable.
- Environmental Impact: Today’s siding products are greener than ever. Many include recycled materials. The U.S. Green Building Council, for example, recognizes fiber cement for its durability and sustainability.
above is an excerpt from a report available on the James Hardie Website.
Hardiplank Houston, TX
All-Tex Home Improvement Services has been installing replacement siding in Texas since 1991. We serve Houston areas.